Eric D. Sigurdson
Eric specializes in business strategy,
capital raise, mergers & acquisitions, restructuring and governance.
Eric is a seasoned business operator, as an entrepreneur and as an executive and director of private and public companies over 25 years. Eric was often recruited and promoted into restructuring and startup executive positions, for his team building and change management expertise, which he also employed in entrepreneurial ventures.
The first years of his career were transaction focused, with executive and senior positions in corporate finance, mergers & acquisitions, investment banking and real estate. Cumulatively, Eric has raised hundreds of millions of dollars of debt and equity, in large and small financings across varied industries, as principal, executive or agent by public prospectus, private placement and conventional financings.
Eric is a Certified Director, UCLA Anderson Graduate School of Management, and a Chartered Accountant, CICA, articled with Ernst & Young; with an MBA, Finance and Accounting, McMaster University and a BA, Economics, University of Manitoba. He was previously registered as an officer with the Toronto Stock Exchange and Investment Dealers Association of Canada, and the Real Estate and Business Brokers Act.
Some highlights of Eric’s career:
Krispy Kreme franchise group
Founder, CEO, President, Director
- Startup, developed and operated 25 restaurants and two large commissaries in Missouri, Illinois and NW Indiana
- Peak revenue of $60 million, with more than 1,000 employees, sold in 2006 to NYSE private equity firm
Clark Refining & Marketing, Inc.
Executive Vice President, Refining
- Responsible for leading amalgamation of three divisions, Supply & Trading, Wholesale Marketing and Refineries into Clark Refining business unit (later renamed Premcor)
- Led senior team in the acquisition of the 200,000 bpd Port Arthur, TX refinery from Chevron
The Horsham Corporation
Chief Financial Officer
- CFO for public company, and its subsidiary Clark Refining & Marketing, Inc., a $2.5 billion revenue, Fortune 500 company acquired out of Chapter 11
Toronto-Dominion Real Estate Inc.
President and Director
- Regulatory officer of startup real estate investment banking subsidiary of Toronto-Dominion Bank; and registered officer with affiliate Toronto-Dominion Securities, Inc., M&A group